ST. JOHN’S LUTHERAN SCHOOL
OUR EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM
Cougar Camp will provide before and after school care from 7:00 - 7:45 am and 2:30 - 6:00 pm. The program is being offered to St. John’s students on regularly scheduled school days. Kinderkamp is our supplemental program for preschool students and is offered from 10:45 am to 2:30 pm.
After school activities will include physical activities either indoors or outdoors. Socially your child will have opportunities to develop relationships with other children his or her own age. We will have a quiet time so that your child will have an opportunity to complete homework assignments or be engaged in other quiet activities. A healthy snack is provided.
- We will strive to give your child a positive experience at St. John’s so they continue to develop a healthy self-image.
- We will expose your child to play activities that enhance learning and build imagination.
- We have designed the program to provide a safe, fun environment that meets the recreational, developmental, and social needs of our school children.
- Parents are encouraged to meet with caregivers whenever they feel it is necessary. Questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome.
- Procedures for Child Pickup:
- Cougar Camp will be in session on regularly scheduled school days.
- Care will be available on selected early dismissal dates. Notification will be available several weeks in advance.
- If someone other than the parent or guardian is picking the child up, written notification is required.
- Whoever picks up a child will be asked to sign that child out.
- The cost of Cougar Camp is $4.00 per hour per child. Kinderkamp cost is $5.50 per hour and includes lunch. Fees will be charged by quarter-hour blocks of time.
- A deposit of $100.00 is required. Checks should be made payable to John's Lutheran School, and clearly marked for "Cougar Camp". If your child will be "dropping in" occasionally, you will not need to make a deposit.
- A Cougar Camp registration form is required before your child(ren) may attend.
- Families who pick up their children after 6:00 pm will be charged $1.00 per minute they are late.
- Parents will be notified as the account balance needs to be replaced. Billing is done on a weekly basis.
- Families with past-due accounts will be asked to refrain from using the program until the balance is paid and the deposit replaced.
- Drop-ins will be accepted as there is room. Please call the school office to ensure space is available.
- Students arriving before 7:30 am or not picked up by 2:45 pm should report to Cougar Camp and will be charged accordingly.
The registration form for Cougar Camp can be downloaded here, or from within our "Forms & Documents" section.