3rd Grade Curriculum Overview
The primary focus of our third grade at St. John's Lutheran School is to continue to develop a higher level of independence as learners. The curriculum emphasizes personal responsibility for remembering to complete work assignments and developing a sense of responsibility for themselves and the expectations of the teacher. Organizational skills are taught and reinforced regularly, and the needs of the students are addressed individually so that each child has an opportunity to grow and succeed.
• Develop a desire to grow in their personal faith in Jesus.
• Encouraged to pray to God regularly.
• Recognize God's power to save and help us.
• Develop a concept of chapter and verse by reading excerpts from the Bible.
• Learn and apply to daily living the Ten Commandments and their meanings.